Sunday 21 December 2014

Christmas decorations

Last year I made decorations for family and friends so decided to make some more as presents this year.
I used a large star mould that I bought from Jewellery Maker TV which is just thick enough for a good pour but not so thick that it takes ages to cool and harden
I wanted to make transparent colours so used clear UTEE and heat inks to add the colour and very lightweight glitter for added bling.

For this glorious green I used clear UTEE with some Cosmic Shimmer ink  I poured a few stars in green and then began to add a second green ink which is much more of a teal and created a colour gradation through to almost turquoise
 these stars have a rich gem like quality and look amazing with light shining through
Then I melted some left over transparent ruby  to make just a few glowing red stars



I used a deep blue heat ink with a mixed blue glitter for my blue stars and then a tiny drop of ink called tiger's eye which is a golden colour with plenty of gold glitter.
Once totally cold I used a soldering iron to melt a good sized hole for ribbon to string them up.
Finally I gathered all my efforts together for a curtain call
A rainbow of stars for Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment

we would love to know what you think......