Sunday 25 January 2015

A Fun Way to Use a Flexible Mould

One of the great things about jewel enamel is that because it is lightweight you can make fully loaded charm bracelets that don't weigh down the wrist but look amazing.

I love using moulds to pour into and have collected quite a number. This is one of my fun ones - a great mould for lips - I was intending them for hair clips using polymer clay or UTEE jewel enamel but  when I found some gold cherry charms I realised that cherries and lips would be great fun as charms made from UTEE jewel enamel so it was time to get out the melt pot.
They remind me of those cherry lip sweets so I got out the red!

I needed to make a really bright red so used just a couple of drops of red melt ink in clear UTEE and for fun added bright red glitter


the lips mould is very flexible and makes four at once which speeds up the process
I also added glitter into the mould before pouring so I would have surface glitter and embedded glitter


I embedded short gold coloured ball headpins to roll down




when I carefully heat polished the lips the glitter became even more BLING making the lips look quite juicy

I hand made a two by two chain for the bracelet and added the charms




I decided that it needed a contrast colour so found some flat black onyx faceted discs

I had three lips left and did think about earrings but finally decided on a long chain with a fully loaded dangle on the end

the necklace

the finished bracelet with cherry charms, red jewel enamel lips and black onyx beads





No comments:

Post a Comment

we would love to know what you think......